Storage and processing of http protocol data
For each user access to the PiA website, data regarding this process will be stored in a log file and processed accordingly. Before storage, each record will be anonymized by an alteration of the IP address. Therefore, it is not possible to allocate the acquired data to a natural person. In detail, the following data are stored for each access/retrieval:
- anonymized IP address
- date and time of access
- type of browser/version
- operating system/system software
- URL (uniform resource locator) and previously visited website
Application of Piwik
This website uses an open source web analysis service called “Piwik.” It analyzes information left by users through the Apache web server in the log file. As a result, an analysis of your website use is enabled, but the data cannot be traced back to single users so that your privacy is guaranteed. Generated information regarding your website use is stored on a server in Germany.
Storage, processing and deletion of personal data
Any data entered by users will be stored and processed exclusively for the implementation of the project “Physics in Advent.” Basically, the data are not contracted out (i.e., not delivered to a third party). The following cases are a necessary exception regarding the transfer and release of personal data for the project’s implementation:
- By registering a school for the project, the entering person (teacher, e.g.) automatically becomes the administrator of the according school data. If other teachers choose the same school, the name of the school data administrator will be published on the registration form exclusively for contacting and amending records.
- All PiA winners will be published anonymously on the PiA website unless it is not explicitly permitted alternatively. Therefore, the names will be shortened and subsequently obliterated in the following way: first name and the first letter of the last name.
- By participating in award presentations for individuals, classes or schools, one agrees that we will forward necessary personal data (name, address, e-mail) of winners of single awards (in individual cases) and of teachers (regarding class and school awards) to the award donors for the purpose of arranging dates for gained visits/tours.
All data will be deleted by the end of January of the following year. We point to the fact that internet data transfer (using e-mail communication, e.g.) can exhibit security gaps. A completely gap-less protection of data from third party access is not possible.
Embedded videos of external websites
Several of our websites contain embedded contents by YouTube. By solely calling a website of our internet offer with embedded videos deriving from the YouTube Channel, personal data (such as the IP address) will be automatically delivered to YouTube headquarters at 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, VA, USA, 94066 and Google Inc. We have no bearing on that delivery.
Access and amendment rights
On request, you are entitled to obtain information anytime regarding your personal data being saved by DPG. Likewise, you have the right to correction, inhibition or deletion of inaccurate data. In this case, please get in touch with the contact at the beginning.
Effective: 28 October 2016